As part of the GEER grant, the University of Idaho has secured a license to use TechSmith’s Camtasia software for both Windows and MacOS computers for three years starting 1/25/2021. Camtasia is a screen capture and video editing tool that lets you record, edit, and share your videos. This web resource is created for University of Idaho faculty and staff who assist in the creation of instructional material for courses. Please feel free to contact the workshop facilitator if you have any questions about this website or Camtasia.
Note that this website and workshop video cover Camtasia version 2021 on a Windows computer. Your software might be different if you are using macOS or a different version of the software. That said, most of the content should still apply.
Please access the pre-recorded video for this workshop session below.
- The Basics | topics: Installation; Camtasia Interface
- Video Editing | topics: Timeline Editing
- Instructional Videos | topics: Edit Lectures; Record PPT; Tutorial Videos; Interactive Videos
- Saving & Exporting | topics: Saving; Sharing; Exporting; Archiving
- Resources | topics: Camtasia Resources; Media Assets; Library Resources
Hosted by University of Idaho Library, 2022.
Contributor: Evan Will.